This Page

has been moved to new address

The Great Bike Purchase

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Simple Six: The Great Bike Purchase

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Great Bike Purchase



Huntington Cycle and Sport, 1455 4th Avenue Huntington, WV

The bike debate left me with two choices, the Madsen or the Yuba Mundo. I emailed more with Carfree with Kids, Full Hands and Family Ride. I called Madsen directly, I left a message with Yuba. I read reviews over and over again. I browsed Flickr pools. I made lists and held conventions. Once I knew what I needed and wanted, I called Huntington Cycle and Sport to see if they could order the Yuba Mundo for me.

Not only could they order it, they called Yuba and got my questions answered. Huntington Cycle and Sport explained to me all my options and which were necessary and why, which ones would be beneficial and why, and which ones I could consider adding later. I had a good idea of all of the above, but some of the details were sketchy. I wasn't sure if I needed those wheel skirts or what bags would fit on the rack if I used two child seats and is it possible to put a front seat on with a front rack? Questions answered.  Wheel skirt is good but not necessary, bags with one seat, but not two and we are still working on the front seat issue, but I have some time.

Inside Huntington Cycle and Sport. They have electric assist bikes, those beautiful Linus bikes on the left and children's bikes. What they don't have, they can probably order, as they have been doing for us all summer.

Oliver and I went to the shop this morning to make our order official, or as Brent would say, to pay the man. We left very happy to know that we will soon be sporting a very sweet ride, dare I say "coolest" bike in Huntington. Ordering with Huntington Cycle and Sport gave me the advantage of a year of free standard maintenance and 10% discount on future accessories for the Yuba Mundo. More sweetness.

While we were there, Brent stopped in with his bike to get the front wheel looked over. The bike shop is two blocks from his office, huge convenience. He had some squeaky brake issues. All taken care of now. We also purchased new helmets for Elliot and Avery. We hope they like them. London's is being ordered because she fell in love with the Raskullz and it was an easy pleaser.

Before the bike shop, we went to get our eggs and to deposit checks at the bank
.
I finally spotted a bike lane sign on 4th Avenue, but where is the lane?

9 Comments:

At September 7, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous Ashley K. said...

So excited for you! I can't wait to see the new purchase! When do you expect it to arrive? Color?

 
At September 7, 2011 at 4:08 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

Two weeks (ish). Care to guess the color? :)

 
At September 7, 2011 at 4:30 PM , Anonymous Ashley K. said...

Blue? I can't think of a particular color preference I have noticed with you. :)

 
At September 7, 2011 at 8:10 PM , Anonymous Raine said...

Yay!! Can't wait to see it!

 
At September 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM , Anonymous Cara said...

I'm guessing ORANGE.

We were just talking about the bike lane signs. I've noticed them for several months, and keep waiting for the bike lane to be painted. Originally, when Felinton had his grand plans for the Old Main Corridor, there were supposed to be bike lanes on both sides. I'm wondering if they canceled the plans for the lanes, but forgot to cancel the order for the signs? It appears that way...

 
At September 8, 2011 at 6:20 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

There was a second sign on the other side of the street another couple blocks down. There maybe more. That was just the first I have seen. I have some contacts (boy do I sound mighty) and I am looking into it.

 
At September 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM , Anonymous Jamie O. said...

Yay! Can't wait to see a pic of you and the bike all loaded up! :)

 
At September 17, 2011 at 9:34 PM , Anonymous Ashley K. said...

Cara wins! At least I think it was orange in the video. I had to come back to this post to see what my guess was. :)

 
At September 22, 2011 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

It is orange! I think Huntington Cycle and Sport bought an extra just for test rides and such, and it is orange too. I have only ridden it around the triangle and hope to get it up to school today!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home