This Page

has been moved to new address

A Lot of Bike Drama

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Simple Six: A Lot of Bike Drama

Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Lot of Bike Drama

After getting the children to school, Brent, Oliver and I began our day with an interview at the Herald-Dispatch. The story ought to run on Tuesday, but of course it could get bumped a day or two.

It should be pretty clear by now that I have no idea what I am doing with a bike and further more I am a bit of a nutter when it comes to "great ideas." There was so much drama surrounding both mine and Brent's bike today. I could fill a book with the course of events between 8am and 6:30pm today. I will spare you all the saga and tell the story with photos and captions.

Following the interview we had a play date with the Mother's Club at the fire department. Oliver was more interested in their ride on bike. I can't make this stuff up. He wanted nothing to do with the engines and dove out of my arms for the bike.

It must have been "coal patch" day in the neighborhood. All the holes were freshly filled. Not fun to bike over. Sticky, stinky and rocky.

This was my "great idea." Elliot was having a lot of leg pain while riding, so I decided then and there to see if I could move the child seat forward, allowing me room to tow his bike and put him on mine. Apparently moving the seat is not a single person job and it's complicated with small parts. I lost one of those small parts on the sidewalk somewhere and had grease up and down my arm.

The towing worked. As did hauling three boys on one bike, up hill. It was only the last major hill and last minor hill, but I was still pretty excited I could do it.

Having the child seat in the front position created another unforeseen problem. My heels kept hitting Avery's toes.

Towing was a success. We are trying to make bungee cords fashionable and functional.

Brent had to walk the last 1/3 of his trip home from work because of this. He had new road tires put on his mountain bike today and we are unsure of the exact cause, but the front tire blew apart. No bodily harm done.

The shattered tube.

Scuffed up rim.

Fortunately for us, he arrived home at 5:30 and put in a quick call to Tom at Huntington Cycle & Sport. Tom made a house call to smooth out the rim, replace the tube and remount the tire. I will be baking copious amounts of cookies and making a gratitude delivery soon.

Miles Walked: 1 Biked: 60.2 Bused: 0 Drove: 12 This week
54.7 433.2 12.6 559.2 Since August 14, 2011


View Larger Map

Today's route above. I did get to see a new neighborhood by bike today because of my trip to the fire department. I also discovered a lot resources I had not known or forgotten.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Brent said...

My poor wheel.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home