This Page

has been moved to new address

Mellow Days in Phoenix

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Simple Six: Mellow Days in Phoenix

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mellow Days in Phoenix


Sunset from South Mountain last night









Sara and Michael.


This trip has been much better than I anticipated. A few things on my "possibilities" list have not come to fruition, but there is always next time. I do feel as though I have learned a little more about many things.

-It is possible to pack one carry on bag with two extra pairs of shoes, clothes for a wedding, bike helmet, lunch for the plane, empty water bottle, and clothes for the week, thus avoiding $50 in checked bag fees.

-Chap stick is a travel necessity, as are low heal summer shoes in Phoenix

-Groceries and gas are less expensive here than in WV, and from what I am gathering, housing can be too. Although sales tax is not.

-There is a noticeable difference between 99 degrees and a 105. I do not care for either.

-We were able to bike to get groceries and to the pharmacy, in bike lanes which were prevalent city wide. We could have biked to the wedding, to the hair dressers, to the in laws, restaurants, shopping, to the library and ice cream shops. It would have taken longer and we could not have done so much in such few hours.

-Large and small forks can fit in the same utensil tray space if you put their tines in opposite directions.

-My home (house, town, friends, community, etc.) and way of life (shopping, decorating, eating, and transportation habits) are different, but just as wonderful, and I miss it.

-I may have been the oldest person of my peer group during this trip but they never made me feel old. I actually felt more immature and naive, perhaps due to my obvious interest in the way everyone lives?

-There is nothing I desire at the mall, no matter how large and diverse.

-Pints of ice cream and a few hands of UNO are more enjoyable than three late nights out on the town. Or said another way, nights on the town are better when balanced with a few fun nights at home.

-My sister has great friends, good family and a fabulous husband. (Welcome to the family Michael)


Michael and I biked to the grocer for a couple of items not worth a car trip.


My flight leaves today and I have so much to look forward to.

- Posted using BlogPress from Brent's Marshall University iPad

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2011 at 9:55 PM , Anonymous Jamie O. said...

Glad you had a good time. I love to travel, but it's called Home Sweet Home for a reason!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

Yes it is. I do look forward to the next trip and always to coming home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home