This Page

has been moved to new address

Officially car-lite

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Simple Six: Officially car-lite

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Officially car-lite

We signed over the title to our Cavalier to a new owner yesterday. No sale, just gave her away, as she was given to us. We feel great about our decision. I can't wait to call the insurance company and knock down that bill even further. Brent is happy the car will see a good life with someone new.

One car, now what?
Now that we have just one vehicle, I still want to sell it, to be replaced at a later time. Brent's pretty steadfast in keeping it. Most folks we talk to about the car situation tell us to keep it, it's paid for, you are going to need it. I have no doubts that we will need a car, that we want a car, I just don't want one right now. I have a hunger to eat up more debt and getting $10,000 from that van will certainly serve as a catalyst.

Entertaining the idea that we keep the van comes with straining to put together another way to pay down the second mortgage. We owe $23,000. I think if we could pay it down to with in $5K we would be in a great position to refinance. We need to come up with $18,000. We can do that, I just don't know how quite yet.

I am toying with the idea of some sort of debt ticker on the side bar, sort of how I track our mileage for our modes of transportation. The ticker is not going to help us earn or save any cash, but it might be a good point of visual accountability every time I visit, which is often, apparently. Don't I have laundry to wash or toys to put away? Probably, but this is more enjoyable.

Thank you all for reading, and coming back to read more.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At August 30, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Anonymous Jamie O. said...

Hope the good karma of giving away the car comes back soon! :)

 
At August 30, 2011 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

This is karma payback. We have been on the receiving end many many times (thank you). We love to give give give!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home